Obamacare had the worst debut since the Titanic. The website was non-functional for weeks, the back-end still isn’t fully built out, whole states have had minimal numbers of people signing up, countless Americans have been cut back from full-time work to part-time, millions lost their insurance, and Obama has been illegally changing the law every other day like some sort of banana republic dictator. In other words, Obamacare has been a rolling train wreck that has shown Barack Obama’s promises about the law to be nothing but lies while proving the conservatives who said the Affordable Care Act was a disaster 100% right.
Now, here’s the really scary thing: as you’re about to see, the worst is yet to come.
1) Skyrocketing Insurance Prices: You think your insurance is expensive now? Well, just wait, because Obamacare is going to send the cost of medical care shooting into the sky like a rocket out of a trampoline factory. How could it be otherwise? People are now forced to buy more insurance than they need. Are you a 60 year old woman? Sorry, but Barack Obama still thinks you need maternity care and that costs more money. Moreover, it costs a lot of money to pay for the new regulations and massive federal bureaucracy that has been put in place for the law. After all, somebody has to pay the salary of the IRS agents who’ll now be harassing you about your medical bills. Furthermore, that alcoholic junky who needs a liver transplant and round the clock care after he got high on meth and slammed his head into a cement wall? He’s paying the same rate as you are now, which means both of you pay a lot more. Guess who got the better of that deal? Hint: If you’re reading this, there’s about a 99.9% chance it’s not you.
2) Insurance Company Bailouts: While Democrats were telling the Occupy Wall Street crowd to support Obamacare in order to stick it to the insurance companies, Obama was actually giving those same companies the sweetheart deal of a lifetime behind the scenes. In return for supporting Obamacare, they got to charge more, Obama promised to use the IRS to force more Americans to sign up for their services, and best of all, he promised them a bailout if something goes wrong. In other words, if they don’t make a killing off of all the new customers Obama is forcing to buy their service, Obama will make up the difference with your tax dollars. So now that Obamacare looks like a money loser for the insurance companies, Democrats are preparing to pay off the insurance companies directly with your tax dollars. How did we end up in a world where the same liberals who incessantly complain about fatcat insurance companies are now demanding that we give them billions of dollars because they made bad business decisions?
3) The Employer Mandate: There’s a reason Barack Obama delayed the employer mandate and will probably delay it again next year. Depending on the estimates you believe, somewhere between 25-80 million Americans are going to lose the health insurance they have through their employer once it goes into effect. Now you’re probably saying, “Holy ‘if you like your plan, you can keep it,’ Batman, that’s horrible,” but to liberals, that’s ultimately a feature of the plan, not a bug. The more people who lose their health care, the more people who will want to sign up for the Obamacare exchanges and the more likely it is that the law is to be viable long term. Ultimately, Barack Obama is fine with lying to the American people; he just doesn’t want them to find out they were deceived right before an election.
4) Doctor Shortages: According to a survey done by the Doctor Patient Medical Association, 83% of doctors, “have considered leaving their practices over President Barack Obama’s health care reform law.” Some of them are going to quit while others will merely cut back their hours or refuse to see new patients. Whatever the case may be, it means that even if you have health care, it may be difficult to find a doctor to treat you. If and when you do, you’re going to find doctors who have even less time to spend per patient, nurses doing tasks doctors used to handle, foreign doctors with inferior training who’ve been brought in to fill the gap, and dramatically increased waits for surgeries. There will be people who would get surgery for painful, but non-life threatening injuries within a week today who will spend months waiting in agony down the road. If there were any justice, they would all be people who voted for Obama, but unfortunately the rest of us will have to pay the same excruciating price for their gullibility.
5) Death Panels: Liberals have moved from claiming that death panels don’t exist to admitting that they’re built into the law and saying that they’re a good thing. As Time Magazine’s senior political analyst Mark Halperin admitted, “It’s built into the plan. It’s not like a guess or like a judgment. That’s going to be part of how costs are controlled.” So, yes, there are going to be Americans who die because it’s cheaper than spending the money needed to save them. What was it Barack Obama said again? Oh, yes, “Maybe you’re better off not having the surgery, but taking the painkiller.” The scary thing about that is unelected bureaucrats who are indifferent to whether you live or die — not you or your doctor– will be the ones deciding whether an expensive treatment makes you “better off.”
Michael Rivero is the webmaster of WhatReallyHappened.com and host of the What Really Happened radio shows on the Republic Broadcasting Network.
The WHAT REALLY HAPPENED website is now in its 18th year.
Formerly with NASA, Michael transitioned his image processing skills (along with a brief stint as an actor) into the then-new motion picture computer animation field and has worked on films such as “Star Trek”, “The Day After Tomorrow”, and has supervised visual effects on “Brainscan,” “LOST”, and “Hawaii Five-0.” Michael has taken a sabbatical from film work to focus all his efforts on peace activism.
Michael’s foray into blogging began before the word was even invented, and happened almost by accident when he spotted a suspicious photograph being broadcast on ABC news in 1994 related to the death of White House deputy Council Vincent Foster.
Since that sudden beginning, Michael’s website has expanded to cover diverse topics including the JFK assassination, the accidental shoot-down of TWA 800, election fraud, health issues, Saddam’s non-existent nuclear weapons, 9-11, the economy, and of course, the lies used to trick the United States into wars of conquest on Afghanistan, Iraq, and now Iran.
Michael resides in Hawaii with his wife Claire, who is a composer and creates much of theme music used on the What Really Happened radio show.
Karl Denninger: Obama Care Could Implode Before the End of the Year
Karl Denninger of Market–Ticker – MarketTicker Forums says Obama Care is destined to be a disaster. Denninger says, “What Congress calculated rather coldly is they could shove a gun up young people’s backs and make them fork up the money.” There are two very big problems with this, according to Denninger, “They have no reason to buy today, and the fine is insufficient motivation because it is a small fraction of the premium.”
Denninger predicts, “This is not going to bring down healthcare costs.
This is going to accelerate costs.
This is a extremely bad law.”
Many see Obama Care as a failure:
Only 51,000 people filled out Obamacare applications in its first week
According to the CBO, Obamacare needs at least 7 million people to enroll in order to remain solvent. In its first week, only 51,000 applied and even fewer enrolled. Needless to say, this is a disastrous opening two weeks and an embarrassing failure by all accounts.
Even the 51K people are suspect….
The administration claims the Obamacare online exchanges crashed because the Web site got more than 8 million hits in the first week. Please. You know how many people visit Amazon.com every week? More than 70 million. The difference is: 1.) Amazon seldom crashes, and 2.) on Amazon, people actually buy something. –removingtheshackles”
The Obamacare Debacle: It’s Everyone Else’s Fault