Agenda 21, Agenda 21 and Communitarianism, Anti Communitarian League, Communitairanism, Environmental Planning and Management (EPM), International Labour Organization, Localising Agenda 21 (LA21), Sustainable Cities, UN-HABITAT, UN-HABITAT.:. Sustainable Cities and Localizing Agenda 21, UN-HABITAT/UNEP, United Nations
A facility to package urban Environmental Planning and Management (EPM) approaches, technologies and know-how.
An EPM capacity development infrastructure – facilitating sub-regional resource networks for wider impact.
- Strengthening local capacities to address urban environmental priority issues.
- Enabling replication and scaling-up of EPM activities.
- Mobilising anchoring institutions for EPM support.
Municipalities and local partners
Donor and technical support
- Broad-based stakeholder involvement in city development strategies.
- Participatory problem-solving through inclusive processes and “Pro–Poor Governance.”
- Mobilization of local resources and commitment.
- A framework for capacity development and support for institutions leading to better implementation.
- Mainstreaming environmental concerns in urban planning and management.
- An instrument for implementing UNEP’s Agenda 21 mission at the city level, and the environmental component of the Habitat Agenda, the Declaration on Cities and Other Human Settlements and the Millennium Declaration.
|Sustainable Cities and Localizing Agenda 21 Programmes|
|Sustainable Cities Programme|
|Localizing Agenda 21|